Two New Job Opportunities.
1. Project Leader Narberth Youth Band
Contact: Declan Connolly email@example.com
Narberth Jazz was established in 2019 out of the Span Arts Ltd Span Jazz Project. It is an independent, robustly constituted membership organisation that is working towards becoming a CIC.
The objects of Narberth Jazz are to promote, improve, develop and maintain public education in, and an appreciation of, the art and science of jazz music in all its aspects, through the presentation of public concerts and educational activities.
In order to achieve the Objects a Management Committee has been appointed by the Members with the following responsibilities:-
To plan, organise, manage, promote and produce jazz events
To promote jazz to as wide a range of people as possible
To encourage all generations to appreciate and become involved in playing jazz by running jazz clinics and appropriate events
A copy of the full constitution is available on the web site https://narberthjazz.wales/about/constitution/
Young people and new musicians, who have reached at least Grade 3, have few opportunities in West Wales to learn how to play together. The aim is to provide an opportunity for young people with developing musical skill to work together together to explore their individual music skills, experience social interaction, build personal confidence and develop team playing.
A venue for the project has not yet been agreed but will be within Narberth area.
Overall to expand the individual’s social as well as musical development.
To coordinate volunteers to teach individuals or small instrument specific groups.
In time, and in conjunction with others, to perform live music events by forming a county band.
This project may eventually dovetail into the NJ Retirement and Care Homes Music Project by offering live performances in care homes.
If a competent group is established, interval performances could form part of the monthly Narberth Jazz live events.
It will provide a stepping stone to advance music talent by encouraging individuals to extend their ambitions and ability to engage in musical opportunities during their lifetimes.
A group of up to 30 musicians will form the core. Any new musicians who have achieved Grade 3 may be included but particularly offering opportunity for young people.
Project Leader Role
The role will suit a musician who has enthusiasm for helping young people to develop their musical skills, team working and personal confidence.
There is a negotiable fee based on weekly, term-time sessions plus performances. The fee will be in the region of £2,000pa but should not be regarded as salary. Variations on this fee will be dependent on the finance available and the number of activities undertaken.
The role reports to the NJ Committee through the NJ Manager.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
Prepares and completes project plans.
Achieves outcomes for the participants as outlined in the Project Description.
Resolves problems, completes audits, identifies trends, determines system improvements, and implements change.
Enhances Narberth Jazz reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
Substantial flexibility will be required in hours committed to the project but will require attendance at up to 30 agreed sessions within term-time weeks with participants. Evening and week end work is likely to be involved. There are no specified hours but the aim is to apply sufficient commitment to achieve the objectives.
Seek out, appoint and work with a number of volunteer music tutors
Project Leader Qualifications / Skills:
Good musical and verbal communication skills
Ability to relate to, and encourage young people
Budget development and tracking
Mentoring and coaching
Good organizational and analytical skills
Must meet all statutory requirements to work with children
Education & Experience:
No formal qualifications required
Must be a skilled musician with good playing and performing experience.
This project will be funded by grants, donations and subscriptions from a range of sources. The Project Leader will be expected to be fully involved with all aspects of raising funds to maintain the long term viability of the project.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our well known website Contact Us | Narberth Jazz
2. Event Organizer
Role and responsibilities
This is a sub-contract position where you will be expected to be self employed.
To perform various functions following the needs of NJ (Narberth Jazz) and the tasks assigned to them by the committee.
Overall to be responsible for the practical and organisational elements of live music performances and support the Event Planner who designs the programme and engages performers.
• Communicate with the NJ committee to understand their wants, needs, and special requests for the event
• Plan and organise the event from concept to finish in accordance with the preference of the NJ and working to an agreed timetable.
• Work within the budget
• Negotiate with the venue; book, prepare, and arrange it for the event
• Design a layout and agenda of the event; create event guides, tickets, pamphlets, and any other marketing activities to promote the event traditionally or digitally with the assistance of the committee
• Organise volunteers and their roles
• Attend event to oversee activities and ensure details are handled as planned
• Address any dispute that may arise, and remain on site after the event is over to ensure proper clean up
• Work with and give guidance to volunteers involved in event planning and execution
• Negotiate and contract with performers, sound engineer, lighting engineer, transportation, security, lighting & sound equipment, displays, stages, parking, food and drink and any other essential item to ensure the success of the event
• Monitor delivery of goods and services to ensure contract terms are satisfied; adhere to legal, insurance, and health and safety regulations
• Carry out a risk assessment for all public events
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned or requested by NJ.
• Work closely with Sponsors, members, and audiences
The role is voluntary with a negotiated fee per event plus any expenses agreed in advance.
Applicants will be assessed for:
• Experience in event organization or management or related work experience.
• Knowledge of music, particularly jazz.
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
• Positive and outgoing personality
• Strong negotiation, leadership, and planning skills
• Ability to multi-task, remain calm and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail and good problem solving skills
• Experience or talent for organising and working in an efficient and methodical manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a diverse range of personalities
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take the initiative when the need arises
Please apply to email@example.com
or go to our well known website Contact Us | Narberth Jazz